There is nothing as spectacular as an Indian wedding and when it is celebrated at some exotic location within the country or abroad the fun doubles. Destination weddings have become the latest craze amongst the couples who want to celebrate this special occasion in their unique way but keeping their essence of Indian traditions alive. So whether it is the princely wedding at Lake Palace Udaipur, or the romantic wedding on the serene beaches of Thailand or a scenic destination for an ultra-luxurious wedding in Italy, options are many. With high disposable incomes couples want to make this as an exquisite affair. Wedding is the time for family bonding there are elaborate rituals some for religious sentiments but most of them are fun filled and are spread over three to four days.
Planning a destination wedding
Once the couple has decided upon the destination where they will tie their nuptial knot there is lot of pre-work which goes in planning –
- Wedding planner- Since the wedding takes place away from home one needs to take help of professionals who can not only help in choosing the location at the desired destination but will look after the logistics and manage the entire arrangement as well especially when the marriage is planned outside India.
- Decide on a budget– One has to plan out the expenses which will be incurred for all wedding ceremonies including the travel expenses of the couple and their guests.
- Guest list– Weddings are one time affair and hence an exhaustive list of all near and dear ones is made but in case of destination wedding the list might be limited to close relatives considering the cost involved.
- Invitations– Indian wedding invitations are considered as most integral part of this auspicious ceremony. They come in various styles and forms and most of the couples look for some exquisiteness in their wedding card.
Innovative designs for Indian wedding card
Indian wedding cards have undergone changes in last few years offering a mix of both contemporary and traditional styles. Listed below are some of the popular styles which are considered by couples these days.
- Recycled materials– If you are a nature lover than can opt for cards that are made of handmade or textured paper. These cards have a unique look and are available in vibrant colors.
- Theme based cards– Card designs based on the destination of wedding or color of the couple’s wedding dress has also gained lot of popularity.
- Personalized cards– Most of the couples these days are opting for such cards where the invitation has a picture of couple or a collage of pictures. Some of them also like to put monogram with bride and groom’s initials.
- Colored themed– Most of the weddings happen over a span of few days and the invitations can be created in different colors. For instance in a Hindu marriage invitation card, haldi ceremony invite can be done in yellow and mehndi invite can be done in green.
- Box Styled Card– This is a latest trend where instead of sending card in an envelope an elaborate decorated box is made to give it a grand look.
Some Destination wedding tips
- Pick a perfect destination which not only reflects couples personality but also suit their budget. Most importantly guests should leave with some great memories.
- One should check the weather and climate of the place according to wedding dates.
- If possible plan a trip before wedding to understand the logistics of the location.
- Do a thorough research on legal marriage requirements if marrying in a different country.
- Read on the web about the wedding vendors carefully or take references before selecting one.
- Opt for a wedding dress according to the climate.
- Last but not the least just cherish these moments of life.
Create memories from your destination wedding by choosing best Indian wedding cards
With so many options available it becomes a daunting task for couples and their family members to choose the best wedding invite. D’or invitations one of the leading manufacturers of wedding and all-purpose invitations have some awesome Indian wedding card designs. Their cards are unique and exclusive and can be customized as per your choice. So whether you choose a handmade paper or satin based the designs will keep you and your guests in an awe. Their website has high definition images of all card types and best in class printing technology is used. Their professional team is available on 24×7 on live chat and all communications are done via email. So whether you want a champagne color card to set the mood or a bright card with a unique monogram or a picture for your Hawaii destination wedding they will not let you down.